Friday 17 December 2010

Fabric Boxes

Using my own screen prints of flowers I have formed small cubed boxes which were
smaller samples for my commission work. I formed the boxes by using hand stitch along the edges, which created a delicate appearance to them.
On later samples I have sewn into them and used machine embroidery techniques to embelish them. I tested types of machine embroidery out so that it would be an option for when I increased the scale piece, for my commissioned final piece.
I wanted to use a variety of colour, and I have worked a lot with different colours and doing sample screen prints of colour to help me reach and decided upon my final colour palete.





Below are some Machine Embroidery Samples. I think the colour choices compliment the embroidery
and the different methods which I have tried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment